You can make a lot of money online if one of your main skills is writing. Let’s face it: We live in an era dominated by the Internet and the demand for new websites, therefore fresh and unique content, is higher than ever.
As I mentioned in previous posts, there is no easy way to make money online, but when you really like doing something, it’s easier for your mind to focus on that particular something.
There are many ways to monetize your writing skills. However, I’ll list a few that contributed to my living off the Internet.
The top 5 money making ways for content writers are:
1. Create a writer account on websites like Elance.com, for example, which bring together freelance professionals (programmers, designers, writers) and employers (mainly companies or webmasters who need specific content for their websites).
2.You can also make decent amounts of money online by creating an author account on specialized niche websites, like TextBroker.com.
3.To have full control of your work and your Internet earnings, you may want to create your own website where you can freely promote your writing skills.
4.Another interesting way to make money online by exploiting your writing skills is to become a ghost blogger. There are tons of high quality blogs which will let you write content for them. They will also share some of their revenue with you. The main disadvantage in this case is that you have no chance to evolve whatsoever.
5. Finally, if you are a really good writer, you can write an E-book related to a niche that sells good.Of course, as you will see, there are some basic rules you’ll have to follow in order to satisfy your clients. As you know, we live in a world of rules and, if you want to make money online as a content writer you need to pay attention to your client’s needs.You may face situations when a webmaster needs search engine optimized content.
What does this mean?
It’s actually quite simple. It means writing about a specific topic and nothing else. Usually people who demand SEO content will provide you with some keywords you have to build your text on. They will probably ask you to repeat those keywords or key phrases in your article for a few times. It’s not that hard, really. Just be intuitive. As you will learn later on, search engine optimized content is one of the (if not… the) major elements you’ll have to master to make money online.
I also recommend you to know what different writing styles mean, because if a client will need a “persuasive writing style’, you’ll have to know what he’s talking about. To succeed in your online money making journey, it’s always good to be prepared for all kinds of requests. Here are few writing styles:
- Expository writing is designed to convey information or explain what’s difficult to understand
- Narrative Writing reports a personal or fictional experience.
- Persuasive writing attempts to convince the reader to accept a particular point of view or to take a specific action.
The bottom line: YOU CAN make a lot of money online if you’re a writer!
Many people are afraid to even think about earning a living off “the online’, even if there are so many success stories proving the contrary.
It’s very important to retain that making money online isn’t something reserved for a small percentage of programmers or web designers. Nor do you need some fancy, shiny online business. Do you like writing? Do you have imagination? Don’t hesitate and start making money online today by following the advice you’ve been reading in this post.